Friday, May 3, 2013

Summer Break is Sooooooo Close/ Teacher Appreciation SALE!!!

I cannot even believe we only have 15 days of school left (we are getting out before Memorial Day to allow time for demo of our current building so we can move into our BRAND NEW SCHOOL next year)... I can honestly say my kinder group this year is far more advanced academically than in previous years and I feel it is in large due to what we have been working on in small group (and their teachers are amazing)... In previous years we have been just finishing up letter names and sounds and a few times have started working on CVC words but it was not typical. I just didn't think they were ready. That was my inexperience and need for perfection. I had naively thought that they first needed to know all 26 letter names, then all 26 letter sounds before we could begin putting the sounds together to read. What was I thinking??? I look back now and want to kick myself in the shins for being so naive and inexperienced. This year we have been working on those things simultaneously and WOW, does it show... 3 of my 4 kiddos are reading CVC words with great accuracy, beyond word families... And they are all on IEP's:)  My one kiddo that is still progressing has significant speech issues and his phonemic awareness is really lagging so the blending and putting the sounds together hangs him up every time, but I think it will come:)  I am just so excited!!!! 

So, because the kiddos have done so well, I wanted to keep them interested and working these last few weeks so I created a BEACH unit and am super excited to use it:)  You can purchase the Math or the Literacy Unit at my TPT store:)  Just click on the picture...



Two day sale
And if you like it and are just dying to have it, it will be on SALE on Tuesday and Wednesday for 28% off. I know, can you believe it:)  Just a way to show I appreciate you all so very much, honestly, I do!!! 
And, if you want to see exactly what stores are having sales, you can peek at sales under TPT or at the Fabulous Mrs. Leeby's blog Learning with Mrs. Leeby:)
 

If you want a taste of the fabulous activities shown above, here is a Spin & Read Digraphs Activity... In the Spin & Read Unit there is 4 total skills (CVC, CVCe, Digraphs and Sight Words).  Check it out if you enjoy this freebie:)


Have a great weekend and don't forget to check out Freebie Friday and Manic Monday for great freebies as always:)



1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! I'm going to share this with my preservice teachers.
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Best,
    Tricia - Bookish Ways in Math and Science

    ReplyDelete